Rocketman (2019)

Rocketman (2019)
Directed by Dexter Fletcher
Starring Taron Egerton, Richard Madden, Jamie Bell and Bryce Dallas Howard.



**Okay, before I start, small discaimer; I saw Rocketman last night and I’m still processing it, however I’m going travelling tomorrow so I wanted to write this before I left. So basically the whole review is going to be a huge unstructured mess!


You guys… I cannot even begin to describe how brilliant this film is. It is for sure my favourite film of 2019!


I’ve always been a fan of Elton John but after watching this, I can feel myself turing into a superfan.


Taron Egerton’s singing voice is absoublty beautiful, and he can dance! I really thing he could make a name for himself in the West End.


The colours, the costume, the cinematogrpahy and the editing is just absoulty amazing! I’ts so mezmerising, I couldn’t stop watching.


I hadn’t even realised the amount Elton John went through during his early life and breakthrough years. I knew his family life was tough but I didn't realise it was to that extreme. Also, I didn't know anything about all the drugs and the drink. I knew about his relationship with John Reid but I didn’t realise just how toxic it was and how horrid he was to Elton John.


Okay, by far the two best things about this film were Taron Egertons acting and all of Elton’s costumes. Like seriously, I need Elton’s entire wardobe!


I feel like, with every film I’ve seen Taron Egerton in over the years, he’s just gotten better and better.


Jamie Bell and Richard Madden were equally both brilliant in their supporting roles. I knew Jamie Bell could sing but I didnt relaise Richard Madden could too, and it was definetly a plesent surpise.


Furthermore, if I could write a whole page about THAT scene, I would… but my parents read my reviews, so I wont.  


To summarise, if this film doesnt get any nominations, I WILL THROW HANDS!

Feel free to leave a comment below your thoughts on the show. You can also contact me via twitter (@niamhcrawley_), instagram (@crawley.filmandtv), facebook or, you can email me at crawley.filmandtv2000@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular Posts