Wild Rose (2018/19)

Wild Rose (2018/19)
Directed By: Tom Harper
Written By: Nicole Taylor
Starring: Jessie Buckley, Julie Walters and Sophie Okonedo  


I hadn’t really made any plans to see this film, the trailer hadn’t really caught my attention.


That being said however, I quite enjoyed it. Yet, at the same time I didn’t feel fully invested in it.


Something felt missing, but I couldn’t pinpoint what…


Jessie Buckley, Julie Walters and Sophie Okonedo all give wonderful performances.


It’s a great heartfelt story. Something just felt missing though. I don’t really know what to else to say about it.


I do think people should go and see it because it portrays a great story of a young mum trying to make it in the industry but in the process forgetting that her children are also a priority.  


But, the whole story just seemed very loose, it wasn’t fine cut and it wasn’t the time of story to draw you in.


Overall, I’d say it’s one of those films where when people ask you about it you say “yeah, it’s a good film, I enjoyed it” but you wouldn’t recommend it to people.  

Comments

Popular Posts