An Introduction...

Hello fellow film fanatics and wannabe film makers, I guess this is where I make my introduction. I’m Niamh (pronounced Neeve) and I want to make films.

I’m currently taking a gap year before I study filmmaking/ film (and possibly TV) production. However, before I go to university I wish to expand on the variety of films and TV that I have seen/watch.

I won’t lie when I say that when it comes to film, television and even books I had a tendency to stick to what I like, which was mostly fantasy and science-fiction. BUT if I wish to truly be the best creator that I can be I need to start taking risks and consuming media that is outside of my comfort zone.

A little while ago I was researching ways I could expand my application portfolio when I found this article by the British Film Institute (BFI). It was a list of 41 films, every film student should watch. So I decided I should start making my way through the list, now this is where this blog comes in. I thought that once I had viewed a film on the list I would write a review on this blog.

However, I don’t want to limit this blog to just the 41 BFI films, so I decided that I should also write about other films and television shows that I watch for the first time or just enjoy generally and want to write about.

I don’t really have any real plan in how I’m going to watch all 41 films on this BFI list, whilst writing a personal statement, creating an application portfolio, watching other films and TV shows my peers have recommended to me AND maintaining a decent sleep schedule... but there’s a first time for everything!

Also, small side note, I have dyslexia (and dyspraxia) which means that my spelling and punctuation may not always be perfect. I proof read all my work, but due to my dyslexia (and dyspraxia) there may be a few mistakes that I will not have noticed.

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter to stay updated with all my latest blog posts.





Comments

Popular Posts