The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Season 2, 2018) - Amazon Prime

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (Season 2, 2018) - Amazon Prime
Created by Amy Sherman-Palladino.
Starring Rachel Brosnahan, Alex Borstein, Michael Zegen and Zachary Levi.


Let’s start this off by saying that I absolutely LOVE this show. The writing is hilarious, the costumes are amazing, the acting is phenomenal.


This isn’t just me being biased, the show has Emmys and Golden Globes to prove it.


Also, Zachary Levi was a wonderful added bonus to this season.


I really enjoyed watching Midge develop her skills as a stand-up comic whilst trying to juggle becoming a single mother, moving on romantically with Dr. Benjamin Ettenberg and trying to remain civil with her ex-husband Joel.


Speaking of Joel, my one issue with the this season was its ending. I’ll try not to give too much away, but all I want to say is Joel doesn’t deserve any kid of redemption whatsoever!


Well, not in my eyes at least…


Moving on, every time an episode ends I get a slight sinking feeling because I don’t want to go back to real life. I want to stay there glued to the screen watching Midge and Susie (her manager) take over the New York club scene, one stand-up performance at a time. Which explains why I ended up bingeing the whole season in about three days.


Maybe the reason I love this show so much is because I wish I was more like Midge, her self confidence is something I admire. Yet, at the same time I wish for Susie’s strength, Rose’s (Midge’s mother) ability to make quick decisions, regardless of what others think of her.


This show is filled with wonderful strong women, who are all still incredibly flawed in their own unique ways.   


Perhaps that is the reason I’m so obsessed with this show, it shines a light on the struggles women have faced and still face to this day, but the show seemed to do this in a way in which you can laugh about it and relate to, without putting you in a miserable mood.  


Overall, I absolutely loved this season and I cannot wait to see where season three takes Midge. I just hope Joel’s redemption plot line fades into the background.

Feel free to leave a comment below your thoughts on the show. You can also contact me via twitter (@niamhcrawley_), instagram (@crawley.filmandtv), facebook or, you can email me at crawley.filmandtv2000@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular Posts